Top 5 Destinations Featured:
2. San Diego (San Diego Convention & Visitors Bureau)
3. Colonial Williamsburg Foundation
5. Vermont Department of Tourism, Vermont Tourism Network
Family Travel Magazine reveals their top five summer family travel destinations for 2012.
June 27, 2012
With so many vacation destinations to choose from, it’s tough to narrow it down, but the experts at Family Travel Magazine are here to help. There is still time to book a last-minute vacation to any of the five hand-picked travel destinations profiled by Family Travel Magazine, revealing the top five summer family travel destinations for 2012:
1. Canada. Canada is a unique nearby family vacation destination because the weather is generally warm but not too hot, with plenty of historical and cultural opportunities. From Vancover to Halifax, and Banff to Quebec City, there are many Canadian cities ideal for a family vacation. [Editor’s note: Jodi and family will be visiting Halifax and St. John this summer on the Carnival Glory, and will be posting full reviews in July.]
2. San Diego. The weather is always sunny and beautiful at this oceanside destination and second largest city in California. Guests can enjoy a variety of family-friendly attractions, including Legoland, the San Diego Zoo, SeaWorld, and Disneyland, all in one vacation. Family Travel Magazine recommends finding a hotel on the beautiful waterfront of San Diego, or consider visiting a San Diego suburb, such as Carlsbad.
3. Colonial Williamsburg. This city offers kids a chance to learn about history and a chance to have fun. Family Travel Magazine recommends the Great Wolf Lodge Williamsburg complete with indoor waterparks and kid-friendly amenities; Busch Gardens and Virginia Beach are also a quick trip from the hotel.
4. Colorado. From the Grand Canyon to dude ranches and national parks to outdoor adventure activities, Colorado offers mild temperatures, magnificent views, and a chance to spend family time outdoors in some of the nation’s most beautiful landscapes.
5. Vermont. Vermont offers some of the nation’s best family resorts, including Stoweflake and Smugglers’ Notch, featuring outdoor activities, food tours, bus tours to Quebec and Montreal, and adventure sports to participate in.
For families with summer vacation plans still up in the air, these top five places are destinations loaded with family fun activities and are all geographically beautiful, and highly recommended by Family Travel Magazine. For more traveling tips, click to subscribe to the magazine’s monthly family travel newsletter.
About Family Travel Magazine: Passionate about promoting family vacations that help a family bond, Family Travel Magazine ( http://www.familytravelmagazine.com/) reviews hotels, destinations and attractions and reveals special deals and promotions at hotels across the U.S. Because mom and dad sometimes need to get away alone, the magazine also features destinations for parents only. Jodi Grundig, mom of two with an MBA and ten years in corporate finance, is a sought-after brand ambassador, travel writer, mom blogger (since 2007) and brand consultant. An avid traveler and travel blogger, Jodi has written about some of the nation’s best family hotspots, including Hawaii, Freeport, Maine, Lake George, NY, the White Mountains of New Hampshire, and Martha’s Vineyard. Jodi is a member of NATJA (North American Travel Journalists Association), and served two years on the popular Walt Disney World Moms Panel, and is a member of the Yahoo! Mother Board