Parents, grandparents, kids and more: Tips for traveling with extended family
Read full article at:
Family travel, also referred to as multigenerational travel, is a growing trend not likely to slow any time soon, with more and more people considering the benefits of traveling with extended family. If the idea of taking a trip with your family - children, parents, grandparents or more - appeals to you, here are some tips that will help ensure your vacation is one everyone in the family will enjoy.
Forty percent of U.S. leisure travelers - 20.8 million people - had taken a multigenerational trip in the previous 12 months, according to a 2011 Preferred Hotel Group study.
Family Holidays Poised for Strong Growth in Asia Pacific
Read full article at:Findings from the inaugural Asia Pacific Family Travel 2012 survey indicate that families on vacation are prepared to spend even more than they already do. According to the survey conducted across key cities in seven Asia Pacific markets, an estimated 44 million people travel on family holidays every year – chalking up an annual spend of US$29 billion.
Other key findings highlighted in the survey include:
- 51 million trips are made each year on family vacations
- 44m people spend US$29bn (Domestic: US$11.75bn; International: US$17.13bn)
- International travel is expected to see considerable increases in 2012: Indonesia (20 per cent); Malaysia (38 per cent); Philippines (81 per cent)
- Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines and India will remain popular destinations for family travellers, with growth expected from North Asia and regions outside Asia
- Typically, the length of stay for domestic family travel is 4 days, whilst the length of stay for international family travel is 8 days
Moms Helping Moms: Expedia Launches "Kids in the City" Family Travel Guide
Top Family Travel Bloggers Share Tips for Vacationing With Kids in Top US Destinations -- the Best Places to Eat, Stay and Play
Read full article at:
Expedia.com, the world's leading online travel agency, today launched Expedia(R) Kids in the City Guide, a compilation of 12 distinct guides to top US summer vacation destinations. Each online guide is curated by a family travel blogger who is a mom herself from cities such as Boston, New York and Chicago. They feature the best places to see, stay, eat and play with children of all ages in the summer months.
Expedia: Kids in the City Guide: http://mediaroom.expedia.com/kidsinthecity
15 Berlin adventures your whole family will love
Read full story at:
With miles of bike lanes, quirky pop-up museusm, a massive hotel boom, and some of the world's tasties street food, Berlin is drawing a new breed of traveler: families.