Per the Travel Market Report article by Nick Verrastro, below are some of the resources I cited as being helpful to travel agents in regards to learning about the faith-based travel marketplace. Read full story at: http://www.travelmarketreport.com/leisure?articleID=7263&LP=1
RESOURCES FOR AGENTS
Faith-Based Travel Guidebooks: Among recommended works are Wright’s own books, The Christian Travel Planner and Catholic Shrines of Western Europe: A Pilgrim's Travel Guide.
Also: The Pilgrim's Travel Guide series; Every Pilgrim's Guide to the Journeys of the Apostles, by Michael Counsell, and A Guide to Biblical Sites in Greece and Turkey, by Clyde E. Fant and Mitchell G. Reddish.
DVDs and Videos: Suggested titles include: “The Christian Traveler,” starring Richard Kiley and produced by Reader’s Digest; National Geographic’s “Secrets of Jerusalem's Holiest Sites,” and the Public Television series “Walking the Bible.”
Tourist Offices: Among tourist offices that provide print and online resources about faith-based tourism for travel agents are:
• Jordan Tourism Board: Religion and Faith.
• Israel Ministry of Tourism: Jewish Themes and Christian Themes.
• Turkey Ministry of Culture and Tourism: Faith Tourism.
• Egypt Tourism Authority: Spirituality.
• Switzerland Tourism: Religious Sites.
• Bahamas Ministry of Tourism: Explore the Islands of the Bahamas.
Periodicals & Blogs: Wright recommended the magazine Going on Faith