Here are several selections and summary points from the full story below:
* The first event in the world entirely dedicated to cultural tourism will take place in Florence from May 18-20 (2012).
* The event titled "Art & Tourism" is organized by TTG Italia and will include: 150 international museums, 50 meetings and events, and 200 companies, which operate in the cultural and tourism sector, with educational workshops targeted toward families.
* The event is open to everyone – the general public and trade professionals.
* Exhibitors different facets of international cultural tourism including public administrations, cultural and tourist bodies and institutions, museums, foundations, festivals, events agencies, art galleries, service companies which operate in the cultural sector, historical palaces and prestigious resorts, educational institutions, tourist operators, hotels, and travel agencies specializing in cultural trips.
* According to the article, cultural tourism comprises an industry of 300-plus million travelers.
Read the full story at: